Sunday 10 January 2016

What's in my travel makeup bag

First of all I would like to say this a collaboration with Abbie who is doing a blog post on Travel essentials. Her blog is great and really deserves loads more readers so go check it out.

http://rosesandwanderlust.blogspot.co.uk

When I go traveling or I go on holiday I find that I don't want to take a lot of makeup, and if I do I don't wear most of it. Now when I got traveling I only take the bare essentials.

Base: I use the L'oreal infallible mattifying primer, this keeps my makeup on all night and I don't really use this during the day because when I go on holiday I am normally in the sea so it would just come of anyway. Next I use a BB cream from Garnier which is for combination to oily skin and is the shade medium, this is great for me because as you know I have oily skin and I can't use normal BB creams because they contain oil to hydrate you skin and that just masked me oily; however this BB cream doesn't contain oil but is doesn't leave you skin feeling dry which is amazing. Finally for base, in case I have any spots or bleamishes I take my Fit Me concealer by Maybelline which is my all time favourite concealer.

Powders: to set my BB cream I use the L'oreal infallible press powder in warm vanilla, this sets my makeup and keeps it matte for a long time. For when I go out and I get a little oily I take my stay matte powder my Rimmel London in warm beige, this just keeps me matte if I need to touch up. For my blush I use Rimmel Londons blush in Santa rose which is a pinky coral shade and suits warms skin tones. For my bronzer I use Hoola from Benifit, I take my travel size one so it doesn't take up a lot of space, this gives you a natural bronze glow which I live for when I go out for a meal at night.

Lips: In the day I use the Baby lips form Mayblelline, I have the hydrate one which has spf in, I always get burnt lips which is horrible so this is great for when I go down to the beach or to the pool. For nights out or when I want some colour on my lips I use the moisturising lip butter by Collection in the shade cappuccino, this hydrates you lips and is a coral shade which I love to wear when I have a tan.

Brush: to apply my makeup I only bring 3 tools which are all from Real Techniques.  First I have my powder brush and I use this for powder and bronzer. Next I have my blush brush which I use for blush. Finally I have my miracle complexion sponge for my BB cream and concealer.

Leave a comment below telling me which is you favourite makeup product for when you go traveling or on holiday 🌸

No comments: